Tuesday, May 24, 2016

The Cemetery Ghost

Back in 1999 while I was guarding a construction site one night, I happened to discover an old cemetery. The cemetery isn't that widely used anymore. As a matter of fact, the last burial was in 1997 and the gravestones date back as far as 1875. I decided to make a sojourn to the old cemetery one day, just to see how big the place actually was. Some of the graves were so old that there were depressions in the ground here and there where I assumed the casket had simply rotted away and fallen apart, allowing the dirt to fall in. As I was reading the name and dates on this one headstone, I caught a glimpse of something moving at a nearby tree. I looked over there and much to my astonishment, I saw a little girl wearing a white bonnet and a blue dress, timidly watching me from behind the tree. As soon as I made direct eye contact with her, she vanished. I got goose bumps all over! I made my way over to the area, did some searching and found the grave of a little girl. I can't remember her name, but she was 12 years old when she died. I went by there and left some flowers for her, to let her know that she hasn't been forgotten.

No comments:

Post a Comment